Meaford Hospital Foundation is recruiting Board Members and Committee Members
Help expand the philanthropic outreach of the Foundation, within the Town of Blue Mountains, Municipality of Meaford, and the Grey Highlands – please consider submitting an expression of interest to join the Meaford Hospital Foundation.
The Meaford Hospital Foundation has just tabled its new Strategic Plan and approved its Annual Operating Plan for fiscal 2022/2023. The Capital Priorities, for both the Meaford Hospital and Grey Bruce Health Services, have been approved and clearly defined the priority needs for funding.
A copy of the Strategic Plan and the Case for Support may be found on our website, along with a Board Member Description and a copy of the Leadership Council Terms of Reference.
If you are prone to giving back with your leadership, time and support, we would like to hear from you, to help enhance the level of support required for Health Care at both the Meaford Hospital and Grey Bruce Health Services.
The Meaford Hospital Foundation works with all system partners, patients, donors, Municipalities, community members and other stakeholders in supporting our Health Care System.
For further information please see the Board Director Position Description below.
Board Director Position Description
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for the Meaford Hospital Foundation. As a member of the Board, a Director acts in a position of trust for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. A Director is a steward of the faith, goodwill and resources that the community has invested in the Foundation and is also a source of inspiration, leadership and accountability for the organization.
- Knowledge, skills or experience in one or more areas of Fundraising and Board Governance such as finance, strategic planning, policy development, volunteer management, etc.
- Interest or experience in the charitable sector and volunteerism;
- Commitment to the work of the Meaford Hospital Foundation and concern for the organization’s continued growth and development;
- Honesty, integrity and a developed sense of values;
- An ability to listen, analyze, and think clearly and creatively;
- Community-building skills with sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views;
- Willingness to learn new skills such as how to cultivate and solicit funds, recruit board members and other volunteers, as well as a willingness to learn more about the program areas of the organization.
LENGTH OF TERM:
Directors are expected to serve for an initial two-year term. They may be re-elected for two additional terms, serving a maximum of six consecutive years.
The Meaford Hospital Foundation Board of Directors consists of eight Directors who satisfy a set of criteria set out in the Foundation’s By-Laws. This includes a qualification requirement that one Director be a current or retired member of the professional staff of Meaford Hospital.
- A time commitment minimum of eight hours per month (includes Board preparation, meeting and committee time), up to 24 hours per month for Officers and Committee Chairs;
- Participate in a formal orientation session and be informed about the organization’s mission, policies and programs;
- Directors are responsible for raising funds for the Meaford Hospital Foundation. They are also responsible for participating in fundraising activities.
- Attend Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting. Adequately prepare for, and actively participate in the discussions and deliberations of the Board;
- Serve on at least one committee or task force of the Board and take on special assignments as necessary;
- Govern the Meaford Hospital Foundation by the policies developed by the Board and participate in ongoing policy development and review;
- Help define the vision, mission and values of the Meaford Hospital Foundation, and help identify the strategic goals, objectives and priorities of the organization;
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the Foundation’s governance and programs, and be accountable to the Foundation’s donors and other stakeholders for the same;
- Serve as a goodwill ambassador for the Foundation in the community, promoting the mission, programs and services to prospective volunteers and donors;
- Support the Foundation financially, according to his or her own means, by participating in the Foundation’s annual appeal. The Foundation’s goal each year is to achieve 100% Board participation in the annual fundraising efforts as prospective donors often look critically at the level of Board giving to gauge the level of commitment within the organization;
- Support the Chair in attending to discipline in Board attendance and matters related to the Foundation’s by-laws and other rules that the Board establishes for itself;
- Honour the confidential nature of Board matters. Be aware of and abstain from any conflict of interest.