Fundraising Summer Student Placement
Start Date: May 9th – August 26 2022
Hourly Rate: $18.00
Number of Weeks Requested: 16
Number of Hours per Week: 37.5
Are you driven by a commitment to help make our communities a better place to live? Are you looking for the opportunity to take initiative and use your critical thinking skills to increase brand awareness of a not-for-profit and learn how to build and strengthen relationships? Are you looking for a choice summer position to provide you with ‘real-life’, ‘hands-on ‘experience that will help you start your career?
The Meaford Hospital Foundation is a not-for-profit registered charity that raises funds to purchase medical equipment for the Meaford Hospital as well as the regional site in Owen Sound. The foundation is seeking a Fundraising Assistant to bolster our efforts in creating awareness and soliciting donations for the important work we do in our communities.
- Promote awareness for The Meaford Hospital Foundation through: special events, donor giving and advocacy.
- Responsible for further developing The Meaford Hospital Foundation social media presence on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Develop relevant press releases and organizational content related to The foundation’s activities and services.
- Responsible for assisting the Administrative Assistant in the planning and implementation of all fundraising activities and coordination.
- Assist the Administrative Assistant with funding proposals and grant writing, including conducting research and substantive copy editing as required.
- Office coverage where needed during the summer months; answering phones, problem solving etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fundraising and Resource Development, Marketing or Business student or related post-secondary education preferred.
- Outgoing and positive personality and demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Previous relevant experience in event planning, fundraising, or volunteer management an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work with different mediums of communication.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- An ability to integrate and balance the often complex needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency including Windows, Microsoft Office applications and databases.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle, an asset.
If this position interests you please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
and include “Fundraising Summer Student Placement” in the subject line.