Foundation Associate, Meaford Hospital Foundation
POSITION OVERVIEW and SCOPE:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Foundation Associate is responsible for general administration, Annual Fundraising and community communications. This position requires advanced administrative and computer proficiency to ensure the highest level of performance in front office operations and financial records management, donor and volunteer relationships, direct mail, fundraising event assistance, and communications.
- Maintain professional office environment overseeing efficient and effective administrative operations making recommendations for improvement.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate files including Board / Committee lists.
- Maintain and ensure PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance.
- Maintain and ensure accurate donor database.
- Receive and respond to customer/donor enquiries.
- Prepare and submit municipal licensing and legislative applications and report as required.
- Coordinate and attend Board and Committee meetings and record and distribute minutes, as required.
- Work with the Financial Officer to collect financial records including donor receipts, account payables/receivables, bank deposits and reconciliations, online donations and preparation of monthly financial reports for board meetings.
- Provide administrative support to Board Chair and Executive Director, as required.
- Provide administrative support to volunteer recruitment, training and recognition.
- Actively seek out donor management best practices, making recommendations to the Executive Director.
- Track appropriate recognition naming in the donor database. Facilitate annual updates to the donor walls.
FUNDRAISING, DIRECT MAIL & SPECIAL EVENTS COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Coordinate the annual schedule of appeals, special events, grant deadlines and committee meetings.
- Identify and research new funding opportunities including: foundation grants, corporate giving programs and government funding.
- Develop mailing lists (email and traditional) and coordinate annual mailings with Executive Director and direct response vendor.
- Collaboratively help to develop strategy, plans and execution for acquisition, cultivation and lapsed reactivation of donors.
- Monitor, analyze and report on appeal performance against goals.
- Coordinate and execute the Grateful Patient Program.
- Coordinate key components of special events including sponsorship, marketing, program details and logistics, leading ad hoc events committees, and coordinating required volunteers.
- Provide online support for third party events.
- Cultivate and steward existing and new donors, sponsors, community event organizers and media partners.
- Coordinate other stewardship activities as required.
- Coordinate the Foundation’s day-to-day social media interactions and grow the overall digital presence, managing email marketing and updating the MHF website.
- Respond promptly to donor phone calls, correspondence, and emails.
- Collaborate on the creation of fundraising materials and donor communications including proposals, campaigns, stewardship pieces and annual reports.
- Draft donor proposals and case documents for use with volunteers and prospects.
LEARNING, TRAINING AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Participate in team meetings and strategic discussions.
- Work with Executive Director to create annual learning goals and training plan.
- Identify and attend conferences and other sector events on MHF’s behalf.
- Summarize and share the key learnings (for yourself and the team).
Stay up to date on relevant trends and best practices in the fundraising sector.
- Preferred College or University Degree in Fundraising/Non-Profit Management or related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in similar role requiring exceptional customer service, communication and interpersonal skills in the charitable/not-for-profit sector.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, produce accurate work and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency including social media/website maintenance, Canva, online payment systems, records and data base management (Donor Perfect or Raiser’s Edge preferred) and financial record keeping (Quickbooks preferred).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consistently displays professionalism, a positive attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and follow through to effectively manage workflow and improve efficiencies.
- Conduct themselves with a high level of confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
HOURS of WORK / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Full-time salaried position.
- Hours of Work: Generally Monday to Friday with occasional weekend hours.
- Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car.
- A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment.
$55,000 – $60,000 plus Medical/Dental benefits. Based on experience.
ABOUT MEAFORD HOSPITAL FOUNDATION:
The Meaford Hospital Foundation is a registered charitable organization that exists to raise and manage funds for the purpose of purchasing capital equipment and building improvements at the Meaford Hospital in support of excellent healthcare for residents of Meaford, the surrounding communities and visitors to our region.
The Foundation, one of five Foundations supporting Grey Bruce Health Services (GBHS), fulfils its purpose by providing and managing donor funds to meet the capital needs of GBHS..
Please respond by May 15th, 2023 at 4:00pm with a copy of your resume and a cover letter to Meaford Hospital Foundation via email: email@example.com