Associate, Meaford Hospital Foundation
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Associate is responsible for the Annual Fundraising, data entry and community communications. A dedicated administrator able to manage multiple priorities, in particular the area of Events, Stewardship, Information Technology (including processing donations) and Social Media.
The successful candidate’s core competencies must include:
- Understanding and experience with Charitable Fundraising, including Events and Stewardship.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and consistently displays professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of office procedures and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Able to work on complex and confidential issues.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and follow through to effectively manage work flow and improve efficiencies.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, produce accurate work and ensure established deadlines are met.
- Proficiency with Social Media platforms, including Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to interact effectively with donors, Board members and Hospital staff with tact and diplomacy.
Fundraising & Special Event Community Engagement
- Lead and coordinate Special Events, both Fundraising and non-revenue generating.
- Assist in the Solicitation of Sponsors.
- Develop Mailing Lists, both electronically and hardcopy, and coordinate all Direct Marketing efforts.
- Help coordinate the grateful patient solicitation program.
- If lotteries/raffles proceed, will be responsible for securing licences.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CEO; managing the CEO’s calendar and assisting in prioritizing daily/weekly tasks.
- Provide primary reception duties: answering the telephone, preparing correspondence, responding to general enquiries, accepting donations and requests for information (by telephone, mail, in person and e-mail).
- Effectively and professionally greet and communicate with all visitors to the office and develop positive working relationship with volunteers, donors and hospital staff.
- Responsible for all out-going mail and distributing in-coming mail.
- Working with the CEO to provide notice of meetings, taking and distributing minutes and Board materials in a timely manner to Directors and Committee volunteers.
- Assist the CEO with the planning and coordination for internal and external meetings with Board members and key stakeholders.
- Proactively conduct calendar reviews for the coming month(s) to ensure effective use of staff and volunteer time.
- Maintain an accurate filing system, paper, financial and electronic.
- Perform other duties as required.
Communications and Social Media:
- Coordinate the Foundation’s day-to-day social media interactions and grow the overall digital presence, managing our email marketing and updating the website.
- Familiarity with DonorPerfect or commitment to attaining database proficiency in first three months.
- Recording cash, cheques, credit card and website donations received in DonorPerfect database, as well as issuing receipts and pledge reminders to donors.
- DonorPerfect reports are printed, compared to the total of donations which needs to match with the deposit slip.
- Responsible for transferring donations from third-party sites to the Foundation’s account, such as Canada Helps and My Tribute.
- Ensures bookkeeper receives all invoices and DonorPerfect reports.
- Makes bank deposits as necessary.
- Development of understanding to access Research Profiles from CharityCAN (a Major Gift research database).
- Tracks appropriate recognition naming in the donor database. Facilitates annual updates to the donor walls.
- Works on Stewardship of Benefactors with acknowledgement letters and receipts in compliance with Foundation Procedures.
- Leads Stewardship Events.
Meaford Hospital Staff
- Completion of a post-secondary program or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information and matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity and diplomacy when interacting with donors, volunteers and stakeholders in a collegial, cooperative and respectful manner.
- Ability to problem solve effectively.
- Attention to detail, confidentiality and the ability to manage high volume and multiple demands.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to proactively anticipate the needs and plan for the team and self.
- Demonstrate flexibility and reliability.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in an efficient and organized manner, set objectives and manage time effectively.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car.
- The nature of the work is such that evening, and some weekend work is required.
- A Vulnerable Persons Police Check is a requirement of employment.
$50,000 – $55,000 plus benefits. Based on experience.
About Meaford Hospital Foundation:
The Meaford Hospital Foundation is a registered charitable organization that exists to raise and manage funds for the purpose of purchasing capital equipment and building improvements at the Meaford Hospital in support of excellent healthcare for residents of Meaford, its surrounding communities, and visitors to our region. The Foundation, one of 5 Foundations supporting Grey Bruce Health Services, fulfills its purpose by providing and managing donor funds to meet the capital needs of Grey Bruce Health Services.
Meaford is a growing community situated on the southwest shore of Georgian Bay. It is a tourist destination that celebrates the best of living. People and families come here for the lifestyle featuring fresh local food, art, live theatre and concerts in our beautifully restored Hall, and year round outdoor and nature experiences. Surrounding communities also served by Meaford Hospital include Town of Blue Mountains, Grey Highlands and Owen Sound.
Please respond by May 5th , 2021 with a copy of your resume and cover letter to Meaford Hospital Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Anita Hunter.