About The Foundation
The Meaford Hospital Foundation was established to raise, receive, and manage money for the purpose of purchasing capital equipment and building improvements at the Meaford Hospital. This funding role is critical to the hospital’s viability since the government provides few funds for capital purchases. Funds are derived from a variety of sources including gifts from individuals, clubs, associations and businesses; bequests; memorials; mail campaign and investment interest. Funds are raised for equipment at The Meaford Hospital as well as regionally at our Owen Sound hospital.
The Foundation is governed by an elected Board of Directors, all of whom are community volunteers. Please click on the Board of Directors tab to get to know our board.
The legal name of the Foundation is Meaford Hospital Foundation.
Charitable registration #11903 6408 RR0001
How to Contact Us
Meaford Hospital Foundation
229 Nelson Street West
Telephone: (519) 538-1311, ext. 4208
The Meaford Hospital was built in 1952 and expanded in 1995.
In 1998 the Meaford Hospital joined with hospitals in Markdale, Owen Sound, Southampton, Lion’s Head and Wiarton to form the Grey Bruce Health Services (GBHS). All sites are active components and play a vital role in providing local health care. The Meaford Hospital site continues to develop its rich history as a highly respected hospital.
The Meaford Hospital is a community hospital with:
- Busy O.R.
- Active 24-hour Emergency Department.
- 15 in-patient beds.
- A dedicated multi-disciplinary staff committed to providing excellence in care.
- 9 family physicians.
- A vibrant and successful Foundation.
- A dedicated Auxiliary of over 80 volunteers.
As a community hospital the main focus for Meaford Hospital is to provide primary care to people in the surrounding area. Most secondary care medical service is provided at Owen Sound for residents of Grey and Bruce Counties.
It should be noted that:
- Meaford Hospital experiences 10,500 ER visits/year and 7,500 clinic visits/year.
- A recent study indicated that Meaford Hospital has one of the fastest emergency responses to treatment times for a hospital of its size in Ontario.
- Meaford Hospital has one of the most active operating rooms of any rural hospital in Grey and Bruce, conducting approximately 1,000 plus surgeries/year.
- Meaford physiotherapy service see approximately 2500 outpatients/year and the same number of inpatients.
- The Meaford Hospital Lab performs, in excess of, 536,000 tests/year (1,300 plus visits) and D.I. (Diagnostic Imaging) sees approximately 8,200 plus patients/year.
- Next to Owen Sound, Meaford Hospital offers a wide range of services in the region, including day surgery, inpatient care, 24/7 ER and clinics in dermatology, urology, plastics, psycho geriatrics and orthopedics.
- Meaford Hospital offers full service access to Lab and D.I., physiotherapy, diabetes education and mental health counseling.
- Home and Community Support Services conducts a day away program at the hospital fours days per week.